Congratulations to the newly engaged! May God send his blessings to you and the family you are about to start. St. Joseph’s Catholic Parish strives to prepare you for your wedding ceremony. Below, you will find more information on: Rehearsal, facilities, parking, prohibitions, flowers and decoration, wedding attire & music.
The Marriage Ceremony
“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
The rehearsal is usually a day or two prior to the wedding, and is usually booked at the time the wedding is booked.
Contact our office to schedule an appointment ONE MONTH PRIOR to your rehearsal to select readings from “Together for Life” booklet and discuss ceremony details.
Please be on time, and please advise all of your wedding party that they must be on time. One hour is reserved for the rehearsal, so come prepared. Other rehearsals or events may precede or follow your rehearsal.
The bridal room is for the convenience of the bride and her attendants. The bridesmaids should come fully dressed, but there is room for the bride to put on her dress, as well as sufficient mirrors for touching up hair and makeup. All belongings must be removed before the ceremony begins. Please be in the vestibule ten minutes before the beginning of the wedding.
ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CHURCH OR ON THE CHURCH GROUNDS.
Rice, confetti, birdseed, etc. may not be thrown inside or outside the church by Denver City Ordinance.
The sound system is not available for playing electronic devices.
The doors to the church cannot be locked during the ceremony.
Liturgy/song books cannot be removed from the pews.
St. Joseph does not provide decorations.
- Must check with our office regarding a suitable time for delivery.
- Staff will not sign for any items and are not liable for any items.
- Christian liturgy is marked by elegance and simplicity. 90% of weddings at St. Joseph, only used flowers for the bride’s bouquet and the bridesmaid’s flowers.
- For pew decorations, no tape or tacks are permitted. You may use pew clips, may tie ribbon around the pew, or hang items with pipe cleaners.
- All decorations must be prepared prior to their arrival to St. Joseph.
- Remove the decorations immediately, including candelabra, pew bows, unity candle, ring pillows, etc. Please assign this duty to someone in your wedding party. We are not responsible for any items left at St. Joseph.
- Please be careful of hot, liquid candle wax.
- If items have been forgotten, please have someone call the parish office on the Monday after the wedding to arrange for pickup.
Please keep in mind the solemnity and dignity of your wedding ceremony. Even though current fashions can be very revealing, there are many choices that can be made for the bridal gown and bridesmaids’ dresses. If the top is very bare, you should consider wearing a small jacket or a shawl (quite often an option for the bridesmaids’ dresses).
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to contact us at 303.534.4408.